Who does not want their pet to be healthy and happy? Well, wanting is not enough; you have to step up for it. Make them exercise regularly, give them a good diet, and play with them as much as you can.
Moreover, it is important to maintain equilibrium between the two. But, how will you know if your dog is getting enough nutrition?
Just like humans, dogs need to have a healthy balanced diet too. A little imbalance can give rise to heart and liver problems as well as some chronic illnesses. Do not forget, dogs are carnivorous in nature, but they have evolved since they were domesticated.
Worry not. Here are some tips for you to follow to meet your dog’s nutritional needs.
- Always check the label of your dog’s food to make sure if you are serving them the right diet or not.
- Prefer wet food made out of fresh ingredients like vegetables, fish, chicken, etc.
- Make sure the food includes probiotics, the gut-friendly bacteria beneficial for the dog’s hair, skin, nails, and overall health.
- Avoid foods with added salt, sugar, xylitol, gluten, GMO, etc to protect your pet from toxicity.
- Besides regular food, try administering treats to them from time to time. However, check that the treats do not contain added preservatives, salt, sugar, or other harmful ingredients. Choose products with Probiotics, Ashwagandha, Hemp Seed Oil, Sea Buckthorn Pulp, etc.
- Peanut butter is dog’s favorite. This nutritional treat should be given only in limited quality. Before making a purchase, make sure it does not contain xylitol. This artificial sweetener can be life-threatening to the dogs.
- Include additional supplements for your dog- Calcium, Immunity booster, Live strengthening tonic, etc.
If you are not sure about what nutrition is best for your pooch or how to administer, reach out to the licensed and experienced doctors of Millcreek Veterinary Clinic. Compassion for furry friends induces them to deliver quality vet-related services.Leave a reply →