On listening to the “Canine Influenza Virus” you must be thinking what is this and how to deal with it if it has caught your pet. In simple words, it is a dog flu that traps the dog’s health. In 2004, it was first noticed in dogs and was treated with the vaccine. Unlike respiratory illness, canine flu can quickly spread between unvaccinated and infected animals.
During spring and summer when people start to travel, they increase the risk of getting canine flu as dog gets infected quickly these days. Before your dog could get this health issue, you should instantly recognize and go for the appropriate treatment.
Symptoms of Canine Influenza
- Loss of appetite
- Nasal discharge
- Rapid breathing
- Shallow breathing
Canine Influenza Protection Tips
- Avoid visiting the place where dogs congregate such as dog kennels, daycares and parks.
- If you are interacting with dogs, make sure to wash your hands and change your clothes.
- Keep your self-updated about the areas where there’s been an outbreak even travel destinations.
- If you are a dog lover, then stay updated about all pet’s vaccinations such as the canine influenza vaccination to ensure your pet is healthy and happy.
- Make sure to provide proper cleanliness to your dog in the term of food, shelter and living area.
- If your dog is showing above-stated symptoms even doing any unrecognized activities, then take it to the veterinary specialist.
In case, you are looking for the veterinary specialist, schedule an appointment with Millcreek Veterinary Clinic in Mississauga. We provide comprehensive pet health services from vaccination to surgery.